Financial Aid FAQ
Colton-Redlands-Yucaipa Regional Occupational Program (CRY-ROP)
1. How do I check the status of my application (FAFSA)?
- Go to www.fafsa.gov and click the "Start Here" button
- Log in with your identifiers (first and last name, SSN, and DOB)
- The "My FAFSA" page will display your application status and you can also see the status of your FSA PIN
2. I would like my loan information.
- Go to www.nslds.ed.gov and click the "Financial Aid Review" button
- You need your active PIN to access this information (see #3 below if you forgot your PIN)
- Need additional information? NSLDS has contact information for loan servicers
3. I forgot my PIN. How do I get one?
- Go to www.pin.ed.gov
- Click on, "Request Duplicate PIN" on left hand side of page
- Enter identifiers and answer the challenge question (case sensitive)
- Select the "Display Now" option from the drop down box to have the PIN displayed on the screen
- Don't share your PIN with anyone!
4. How much financial aid will I receive?
- After receiving information from your processed FAFSA, the financial aid office at your college will determine how much and what kind of financial aid you are eligible to receive.
- Specifically, your processed FAFSA will include your Expected Family Contribution (EFC). Your school will use the EFC along with other information to award your financial aid. Other information that will be considered includes your year in school, your enrollment status, and the cost of attendance at the school you will be attending.
- Your school will send you an award letter describing the amount and types of financial aid being offered.
- Your financial aid office is your primary point of contact for details about your financial aid and/or award letter.
5. How can I add a school to my FAFSA?
- Go to www.fafsa.gov
- Log in using identifiers and PIN
- Click on "Make FAFSA Corrections"
- Or, if you would like to talk to someone and if you have your Data Release Number (DRN - a four-digit number that is different from the PIN
- Call the FSAIC (1-800-433-3243); give the DRN to customer service rep to add the school to your FAFSA
- The correction, using either method, will take 3-5 days to process, plus another day for the school to have access to the information