Colton-Redlands-Yucaipa Regional Occupational Program (CRY-ROP)
Through its strategic action planning process, CRYROP seeks to build a demand-driven CTE system by responding to real workforce development needs and state, regional, and local labor market realities and priorities, through strengthened curricula, professional development, data collection and use, and direct linkages with business and industry. The CRYROP mission and the California Career Technical Education State Plan provide the framework from which the action plan priorities have been derived.
Student Learning Outcomes
All CRYROP students will:
- Be connected to industry experiences to enhance their learning.
- Be provided the opportunity to earn articulated credit and/or meet a UC/CSU a-g entrance requirement.
- Develop leadership skills through embedded program activities.
- Demonstrate career readiness through program activities.
Strategic Action Plan 2017-2018
Priority #1: Maximize capacity to analyze and evaluate organizational data for continuous improvement.
Comprehensive data collection systems will be developed, updated and coordinated to support ongoing program improvement, program accountability, measurement of system outcomes, and research.
- Implement Student Information Systems (SIS) that will better support organizational needs.
- Analyze data needs for new/existing programs, designing processes to effectively meet updated/new requirements.
- Identify relevant District LCAP and accreditation priorities and develop processes to collect and analyze supporting data.
- Broaden staff involvement in the identification, collection, organization, analysis, and communication of organizational data.
Priority #2: Pursue program funding sustainability.
In these times of economic and budgetary uncertainty, it is more important than ever to leverage relationships and funding opportunities that will support programs.
- Continue to pursue new Federal, State, local and private program funding as available.
- Continue legislative advocacy efforts to support ongoing ROP funding.
- Research opportunities to increase revenue through online course offerings.
- Analyze costs and potential revenue associated with CRYROP campus.
Priority #3: Ensure promotion, outreach and communication for system alignment and coherence.
In order to ensure continued support for CRYROP, its benefits must be validated and made more widely known to students, parents, educators, counselors, community members, and policymakers. This plan makes explicit the need to clearly communicate the benefits of CRYROP to each of these groups based on evidence of its impacts.
- Grow community and business partnerships to further build industry involvement and support of CRYROP programs.
- Expand and support elementary and middle school outreach activities.
- Research development of promotional events to communicate system alignment of CRYROP programs.
- Develop regional advisory process
Priority #4: Ensure responsive curriculum and instruction.
High-quality curriculum and instruction in CTE includes the intentional reinforcement of the cognitive, academic, and technical rigor inherent in CTE and the alignment of CTE with academic and industry standards. It also includes the integration of CTE and academic content through a variety of strategies that foster complementary approaches to teaching and learning — strategies that draw on the best of what both CTE and non-CTE disciplines have to offer.
- Develop CRYROP online programs for Career Express online campus.
- Update and increase the access of technology in all programs.
- Increase articulation credits earned.
- Expand UC offerings/programs.
- Develop a blended learning culture that embraces technology as a means to enhance the learning experience of students.
Priority #5: Maximize ICT capacity to meet organizational needs.
In order to continue offering cutting edge curriculum and support to all stakeholders, CRYROP will focus efforts on building the ICT capacity of the organization.
- Standardize relevant instructional technology across like programs to support industry requirements.
- Determine level of support required for teachers and staff to fully embrace the variety of cloud-based instructional resources offered through CRYROP and its partner districts.
- Implement data security systems.
Priority #6: Ensure professional development in support of Strategic Action Plan priorities and strategies.
CRYROP’s strategic goals will require attention be paid to the professional development and training of its staff to ensure proper implementation.
- Provide ongoing professional development to address organizational strategic priorities.
- Create shared leadership opportunities for all staff to address strategic action plan priorities.