The Governing Board of CRY-ROP derives its power and exists under the Constitution and Acts of the Legislature of the State of California, the procedures of the California State Board of Education, and the Joint Powers Agreement signed by the Colton Joint Unified School District, the Redlands Unified School District, and the Yucaipa-Calimesa Joint Unified School District.
The Governing Board consists of six regular members, two from each of the participating districts. The term of office for members elected in regular elections is two years. Each year, each participating district elects a member to serve a two year term.
The Governing Board works with the Superintendent to fulfill its major responsibilities, which include:
- Setting the direction for the district through a process that involves the community, parents/guardians, students, and staff and is focused on student learning and achievement
- Establishing an effective and efficient organizational structure for the district
- Providing support to the Superintendent and staff as they carry out the Board's direction
- Ensuring accountability to the public for the performance of the ROP programs
- Providing community leadership and advocacy on behalf of students, the ROP's educational program, and public education in order to build support within the local community and at the state and national levels