Priority #1: Maximize capacity to analyze and evaluate organizational data for continuous improvement.
Comprehensive data collection systems will be developed, updated and coordinated to support ongoing program improvement, program accountability, measurement of system outcomes, and research.
- Analyze data needs for new/existing programs, designing processes to effectively meet updated/new requirements.
- Identify relevant District LCAP, CCI, and accreditation priorities and develop processes to collect and analyze supporting data.
Priority #2: Pursue program funding sustainability.
In these times of economic and budgetary uncertainty, it extremely important to leverage relationships and funding opportunities that will support programs.
- Continue to pursue new Federal, State, local and private program funding as available.
- Continue legislative advocacy efforts to support ongoing ROP funding.
Priority #3: Ensure promotion, outreach and communication for system alignment and coherence.
In order to ensure continued support for CRY-ROP, its benefits must be validated and made more widely known to students, parents, educators, counselors, community members, and policymakers. This plan makes explicit the need to clearly communicate the benefits of CRY-ROP to each of these groups based on evidence of its impacts.
- Grow community and business partnerships to further build industry and parent involvement and support of CRY-ROP programs.
- Expand and support elementary and middle school outreach activities.
- Expand student voice to identify strategies that improve student engagement and program alignment.
Priority #4: Ensure responsive curriculum and instruction.
All CRY-ROP courses and programs are based on industry-endorsed standards, and designed to assist students in acquiring employment readiness and career success skills. All CRY-ROP courses and programs meet documented labor demands, including those of new and emerging occupations. High-quality curriculum and instruction in CTE includes the intentional reinforcement of the cognitive, academic, and technical rigor inherent in CTE and the alignment of CTE with academic and industry standards. It also includes the integration of CTE and academic content through a variety of strategies that foster complementary approaches to teaching and learning — strategies that draw on the best of what both CTE and non-CTE disciplines have to offer.
- Develop a blended learning culture that embraces technology as a means to enhance the learning experience of students.
- Expand work-based learning opportunities to enhance the learning experience and leadership opportunities of students.
- Expand support for teachers to improve instructional practice specifically focused on remediation, modification of student learning approaches, and re-teaching of students who do not attain mastery of the subject.
Priority #5: Maximize ICT capacity to meet organizational needs.
In order to continue offering cutting edge curriculum and support to all stakeholders, CRY-ROP will focus efforts on building the ICT capacity of the organization.
- Standardize relevant instructional technology across like programs to support industry requirements.
Priority #6: Ensure professional development in support of Strategic Action Plan priorities and strategies.
CRY-ROP’s strategic goals will require attention be paid to the professional development and training of its staff to ensure proper implementation.
- Provide ongoing professional development to address organizational strategic priorities.
- Create shared leadership opportunities for all staff to address strategic action plan priorities.